Instagram changed its verification method in early 2018. However, sometimes it asks you to verify your phone number by sending a verification code to your cell phone. In case you don’t receive this verification code, we tell you what you can do.
Options to verify your Instagram account when you don’t receive a verification code
The first thing you should know is that Instagram privileges verifications via email. This is done especially when it detects suspicious activity. Sometimes Instagram asks to verify from the phone but does not send a verification code. If this has happened to you, then you can try these tips:
- Make sure you have entered a correct phone number and, if you did, make sure the number is active so you can receive your verification code. If it doesn’t work, try another number you have available. You do this by changing the mobile number you have in your Instagram account. For this the ideal is to have your Instagram account open on a mobile and a PC.
- The verification code is usually sent to your spam SMS folder. Look at that first. If this does not work, try using the backup codes you received when you created an IG account. You will find it in your configuration.
- If you can change the verification process from a phone to an email, try this. It is much faster and more effective.
- In case Instagram only asks you to verify from the phone, turn off your phone. Try changing the location where you are. Ultimately you can change equipment, although when you change the SIM it usually takes 2 to 3 days for the process.
- In the end, inform Instagram from the Instagram help center about this topic. Hopefully, your problem will be solved.
For any other problem related to Instagram, feel free to leave a comment or send me a personal message.
Increase your followers here