Anyone who can use the Instagram logo in their social media campaigns. However, you must take into account some parameters so that this is done correctly.
The first thing to keep in mind is that you should only use the logos and screenshots found on the Brand Resources site. Likewise, you must request permission if you are going to use the Instagram logo in any live broadcast, radio, outdoor or print advertising of more than 8.5 x 11 inches (A4 size).
Keep in mind that applications must be in English and include a mock how you plan to use the Instagram logo.
Instagram considers that the content it demarcates if its identity is the trademarks, names, domain names, logos, user interface design (UI) of Instagram or any other content that may cause confusion with Instagram. Here are the restrictions when using the Instagram logo or its identity elements.
Make your brand the focus, not the Instagram Logo
- Make sure your brand is the focus, not Instagram.
- Do not use the Instagram brand in a way that implies association, sponsorship or endorsement.
- Do not combine any part of the Instagram logo with the name of a company, trademarks or other generic terms.
- Instagram content should not be more than 50 percent of your design. Neither more than 50 percent of the total duration of its content or be the most prominent feature.
Keep the word Instagram consistent with the brand
- Keep the letter “I” on Instagram in uppercase and in the same font size and style as the content that surrounds it.
- Do not modify, open or translate the word Instagram into a different language or use characters other than English. Also, do not use any of its logos to replace it.
- Do not combine “Insta” or “gram” with your own brand.
- If you offer an application, a website or a product or service that uses the Instagram APIs or is compatible or related to Instagram. You can only use Instagram to say that your application is “for Instagram”. Also, the name of your campaign is “on Instagram” in a descriptive way.
Instagram distance with other social networks
- Instagram can be mentioned in a television commercial with Facebook or other Facebook companies. Do not mention other social networks in the same place as Instagram and / or Facebook. Unless it is a call to general action “Follow us on …”.
- If you create a hashtag that uses the word Insta or gram, it should not be used in other social networks.
- You should not try to acquire or impose rights on that hashtag.
Legal section about the use of the Instagram Logo
Instagram’s registered trademarks, including Instagram, the Instagram logo, the Instagram glyph and application logos, InstaMeet, InstaStop, Insta, Gram, IG, Boomerang, IGTV, Direct, the names of Instagram filters, as well as the Hyperlapse logo, The Layout logo and the Boomerang logo are all owned by Instagram and can only be used as provided in their guidelines or with Instagram permission.
Here you can find a list of some of the registered trademarks of Instagram. You can not use or register, or claim rights over any registered Instagram trademark. Even as part of a trademark, service mark, company name, trade name, user name or domain registration.
You must not use or claim rights to “Insta” or “Gram” in a manner that is confusingly similar or dilutive to Instagram. Even as part of a commercial brand.
Do not violate the terms of Instagram or the Community Guidelines. Also note that Instagram reserves the right to retain content approval if it is not compatible with the Instagram brand.